A group of West Windsor residents has filed a lawsuit in Superior Court that aims to put a temporary stop to a 45-acre solar project planned for the campus of Mercer County Community College.
The residents have been criticizing aspects of the project for months, saying they have never had an opportunity to go before any regulatory board. Residents who have homes on South Post Road and Old Trenton Road, adjacent to the site, say they are worried that the 8-megawatt solar farm will disturb their properties.
The lawsuit filed Aug. 22 argues the project should go before the West Windsor planning and zoning boards for review. The suit names the college, the township, the Mercer County Improvement Authority, which is helping to fund the project, and SunLight General Mercer Solar, which was hired to build the solar field. It seeks an injunction to stop the project until the review occurs.
- Lawsuit Aims to Stop 45-acre Solar Project for MCCC
- West Windsor Mayor, Council Request New Review of MCCC Solar Plan
- Tanking Solar Market Halts Moorestown Project
- Mercer County Officially Backtracks from Promised Review of Solar Plan
- Princeton Packet: West Windsor Residents Not Satisfied at Solar Farm Session
- Every order @Walmart I get a cancel notice 2 seconds later due to processing error. CS reps no help at all. Am I on some kind of black list? 3 weeks ago
- Lawsuit Aims to Stop 45-acre Solar Project for MCCC @mercercollege wp.me/p2mxHA-42 8 months ago
- Lawsuit aims to stop 45-acre solar project planned for MCCC | NJ.com nj.com/mercer/index.s… 8 months ago
- West Windsor residents continue to fight solar farm cj.sunne.ws/2012/08/07/wes… 9 months ago
- West Windsor Mayor, Council Request New Review of MCCC Solar Plan wp.me/p2mxHA-3Z 9 months ago